Recap...
Well, it has been a while since I've been here... I've started another school year, and now have almost finished another school year. I'm not quite sure how it's gone by so quickly... but it has been good.
This has been a year of changes.... some planned... some unplanned... some wanted... some - well not so wanted. But here I am, and I am better for these changes - at least most of them.
Since the last time I have written, I have finished my 4th and now almost my 5th year of teaching. I saw my first group of students graduate - and finish their freshman year of college. I have packed up all of my belongs, and moved out of the apartment I have had for 4 years. My stuff went into a storage unit - it's still there. I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding. I finally went to Mackinac Island. I came back to Memphis (after the summer) and moved in with one of my coworkers - her son went to college, and I moved in. It has been a great experience. I waited for my sister to leave for Australia - but along the way, I enjoyed some 'extra' moments with her and the fam. I finally 'toured' Memphis. I got to see the inside of a Nascar shop - JBR actually. Reconnected with my cousin. I bought a brand new car all by myself. Reconnected with other 'old' friends. Learned that I have a great group of friends in Memphis. Eventually did say 'goodbye' to my sister, niece, nephew and brother-in-law - as they headed to Australia. Learned that I'll live without them - but still miss them. Finished my 5th year of teaching - saw my 5th group of seniors graduate. Learned that people enjoy my baking - which is relaxing to me. Was named a Star Teacher for the 2nd & 3rd time in my MHA teaching career (yes, I cried... it was sweet - and unexpected). And now have bought a ticket to London - I'll spend a couple weeks in Europe this summer - I'm super excited!
That is the recap of my last year or so.... it's had its ups and down... but the ups have out numbered downs (song of Robin Hood is popping into my head hear...) It has been good. I have grown, and learned more about myself - and hopefully became a better me.

1 Comments:
that was a fun recap. :-) You should do it again sometime. ;-) Enjoy your summer trips and your moments of being appreciated. You're the bestest. Love ya.
Post a Comment
<< Home